Monday, December 7, 2009

Prince of Space


Decided to rewatch Prince of Space...great great episode. Here are some of my favorite quotes:

“A rare, Godzilla free day”

“We like it very much”

“I am the lemon zester of destruction!”

“I have no powers but I can skip reasonably well”

Business Boy: “He’s evil. Evil people always come out at night” Crow: “Although, when evil people are mating, they will appear at dawn”

Prince of Space: “I told you, your weapons have no affect on me!” Servo: “It is my considered advice that you discontinue use of said weapon”

“Empirical data suggests the accuracy of my earlier contention that your weapons against me are without merit”

“Allow me to reference my earlier comments on how your weapons are ineffective”

“You just opened up a whole can of jellied whoop-ass”

General:“Oh, Colonel Manicotta, come in please” Crow:“I understand you’re stuffed with cheese”

“How come you’re so old, Dad? Did you have me when you were like 60 or something?”

“Uh, sir, you left an egg on your chair”

“His power apparently lies in choosing incompetent enemies”

Crow: “Whoa, he knocked him slightly off balance! He must be reported to Amnesty International!” Mike: “Or the USDA”

“Chickens are a cruel people”

“He has defeated us numerous times! What makes him think he can do it again?”

Crow: “Seeing these guys, it’s hard to believe that human beings ever have sex”

“You know, this movie made me want to renounce my Toyota”

This episode is hilarious, with a few slightly over-the-top Japan bashing moments. Maybe I haven't seen enough episodes to hear them riff on many other countries, but the treatment of Japan seemed a little harsh sometimes. Well, they do like to pick on Italy too. I guess that those two countries supplied a lot of the movies the MST3K guys watched, what with the zillion Gamera movies or the bajillion Hercules movies. Not exactly a balanced sample.

Well, anyway, the comments about Japan did not seriously detract anything for me, still one of my favorite episodes ever. And if you like boot-blacking, this movie is for you. I, for one, like boot-blacking very much...

No comments: